Iver Community Childcare CIC is a small community interest company, based in a close knit but diverse village community. We run Tiny Toes Childcare as well as holiday play schemes and Youth sessions. We currently have vacancies for Volunteer Youth Workers and Trustees:
Volunteer Youth Workers:
We are seeking to recruit a team of Volunteer Youth Workers to deliver a new youth provision for young people in the Ivers and surrounding areas. Training in Safeguarding, Behaviour Management and First Aid will be provided.
Main purpose of the role:
To work as part of a team providing young people with a safe environment to socialise, to deliver an activities programme and to support the learning and development of the club’s members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work within a team of volunteers to plan and run youth sessions
- To supervise activities
- To adhere to the club policies
- To attend relevant training courses offered by Action4Youth
Volunteers should have:
- A strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives;
- The ability to provide reliable support to young people in times of stress and act with integrity;
- Good organisational skills;
- An accepting and non-authoritarian approach;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with young people;
- Enthusiasm, patience, tolerance and flexibility;
- A sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things;
- The ability to treat young people’s concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity, whilst always being aware of the limits that are required by confidentiality and the necessary boundaries that govern the youth/youth worker relationship.
- Full training will be given
The youth centre is currently being run by Iver Community Childcare CIC however this is no longer a viable position. Going forward the Youth Centre needs to covert to a charity/ICO run by a board of trustees. We are looking to recruit trustees to take over the running of the youth centre and will provide support during the transition.
Main purpose of the job: To assist in the process of becoming a charity, revitalise the service provided by the youth centre and ensure the centre meets it’s statutory obligations.
Volunteers should have one or more of the following skills:
- Experience in the legal process involved in becoming a charity or ICO
- Experience in youth work and the vision to create an outstanding youth provision in Iver
- Passion and ethusiasm
- Experience recruiting and retaining a volunteer team
- Experience in chairing and running a board
- Skills relevant to promoting the youth centre especially those needed for promotion by social media relevant to service users
- Skills relevant to applying for funding applications and fundraising
Appointment subject to DBS check.
For further information email email@example.com or call 01753 654546.