Iver Community Childcare CIC is a small community interest company, based in a close knit but diverse village community. We run Tiny Toes Childcare as well as holiday play schemes and Youth sessions. We currently have a vacancy for Volunteer Youth Workers:
Volunteer Youth Workers:
We are seeking to recruit a team of Volunteer Youth Workers that will work alongside our Youth Manager to deliver a new youth provision for young people in the Ivers and surrounding areas on a Thursday evening. Training in Safeguarding, Behaviour Management and First Aid will be provided.
Main purpose of the job:
To work as part of a team providing young people with a safe environment to socialise, to deliver an activities programme and to support the learning and development of the club’s members.
Responsible to the Management Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with members of the club
- To supervise all the activities and adhere to the Health and Safety Policy
- To adhere to the other policies of the club
- To work as part of a team and attend regular planning meetings
- To attend relevant training courses offered by Action4Youth
Volunteers should have:
- A strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives;
- The ability to provide reliable support to young people in times of stress and act with integrity;
- Good organisational skills;
- An accepting and non-authoritarian approach;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with young people;
- Enthusiasm, patience, tolerance and flexibility;
- A sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things;
- The ability to treat young people’s concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity, whilst always being aware of the limits that are required by confidentiality and the necessary boundaries that govern the youth/youth worker relationship.
Appointment subject to DBS check and references.
For further information or to request an application form email email@example.com / 01753 654546.