This week at The Pod’s Cookery Club we’ll be baking ‘Sweetcorn and Tomato Muffins’. If you’d like to try these delicious teatime treats and cook along at home with an adult you can follow the recipe below.
These delicious savoury muffins are bursting with flavour! The combination of sweetcorn, intense tomato and fresh herbs and spices makes them a yummy teatime treat.
- 250g of plain flour
- 50g of semolina
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g of cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 100g of sun-dried tomatoes
- 250g of sweetcorn
- 100ml of olive oil
- 250ml of milk
- 1/4 bunch of tarragon
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
So, let’s get ready to make some delicious muffins….
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin
- Add the flour, semolina, baking powder, cumin, cheese, salt and pepper to a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, tomatoes, herbs, corn, oil and milk together
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Fill the muffin pans with the mix, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, then place in the oven for 15—20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Serve warm
- Enjoy with some butter or simply on its’ own!